It has been reported that Japanese government has finally decided to take out pets from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plants. On April 4th, Japanese government has said that they are allowing automobile and pets to be taken out of the evacuation area. Timing of the implementation has not been decided but in sometimes next week.
Method of taking pets out of the evacuation area, they do not state any details except to say "Government worker will gather all pets that were requested by their owners out of the area." We do not know any more detail. We will have to keep an eye on the following that are not answered by the recent reports:
- What about the pets that are roaming around (that are not in their owner's properties)?
- Who's going to make sure that these pets are fed by the next week where said to be the implementation time.
- What about pets that were not requested by their owners (owners may have been killed by the Tsunami/Earthquake).
- What about farm animals?
- Why not let the professional (animal rescue organization) handle the gethering of pets? Why not let the owner call out their own roaming pets?
- How about already decesed pets?
We really need to make sure that the governments will follow through this time. Animals cannot afford any more time waiting.